Headquartered in Ann Arbor, Michigan, IHA is one of the best and largest multi-specialty groups in Michigan delivering more than one million patient visits each year. IHA employs more than 2,200 staff, including more than 650 providers consisting of physicians, nurse practitioners, physician assistants and midwives in approximately 70 practice locations across Southeast Michigan. Recognized as Metro Detroit’s Top Physician Group by Consumer Reports magazine, IHA also ranks in the top quartile for patient, staff and provider satisfaction nationally. IHA offers patients extended office hours and urgent care services, along with online patient diagnosis, treatment and appointment access tools. IHA is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Saint Joseph Mercy Health System and a member of Trinity Health.
Here are a few facts about IHA to help you understand our impact on the communities we serve in Washtenaw, Livingston, Lenawee, and western Wayne Counties:
- Office Locations: More than 70
- Active Patients: More than 485,000 patients
- Babies Delivered: 3,583 last year (2017)
- Physicians: 503
- Nurse Practitioners/PA-C's/Certified Nurse Midwives: 138
- Board Certified/Eligible Physicians: 100%
- Hospital Affiliations: St. Joseph Mercy Ann Arbor, St. Joseph Mercy Chelsea, St. Joseph Mercy Livingston, St. Mary Mercy Livonia, Michigan Medicine
- Support Staff: Over 1,600
WHAT SETS US APART
- We’re not the only healthcare provider in the area – but we may just be the most qualified for some very specific reasons.
- IHA has a long-standing reputation for making the doctor-patient experience as simple, smooth and hassle-free as possible.
- IHA works with community partners like Saint Joseph Mercy Health System and Michigan Medicine, giving us a deeper understanding of managed care, while allowing us to act as advocates for patients in finding the best possible care.
- IHA accepts more insurance plans than most other providers.
- We encourage and welcome your input and feedback – this website is just one example of how we make it easy to interact with our doctors and nurses.
IHA MISSION STATEMENT
IHA exists to meet community needs through the provision of personalized, high quality health and medical services to its patients in a manner which results in high levels of patient satisfaction with clinical quality, services, accessibility and value.
In order to remember this philosophy in a way that is easily retained in our everyday work environment, IHA has developed the IHA CARES core values. These values are:
- Commitment - IHA is committed to providing quality care. IHA believes its strength is in the quality of its provider, clinical and administrative staff. We strive to maintain the highest level of quality care by using the highest-quality equipment and procedures. You will need to help us to ensure that our patients receive that quality care.
- Advocacy - We at IHA must act as advocates for our patients. Our patients put their trust in our providers and staff to care for them and represent their needs. IHA strives to gain trust from our patients by truly understanding and empathizing with their medical needs. Our patients should feel that we are working with them and will care for them throughout their entire lifetime.
- Respect - IHA believes that the foundation of a trusting relationship is mutual respect. Our patients should always feel that they are respected as individuals. The employees and providers of IHA should show respect for one another in all of their interactions.
- Efficiency - While we ensure quality care, act as advocates for our patients, and develop respectful relationships with them, we must also be conscious of caring for our patients in an efficient and cost-effective manner.
- Service - IHA is dedicated to service excellence to both our internal and external customers. Providing appropriate and compassionate care services is the basis of what we do. IHA will continually strive to deliver exceptional customer service to our patients, their families, and our co-workers. We are empowered to take ownership of customer requests, and we are expected and encouraged to follow through on solutions.