IHA WestArbor Pediatrics offers both rapid antigen and PCR testing for children who have symptoms of COVID-19 or need testing in order to return to school, daycare, camp or travel. You may schedule a "COVID Symptom Visit/Testing" appointment with any available provider. Click Here to schedule online.
IHA WestArbor Pediatrics
- Our Specialty
- Pediatrics is a specialty concerned with the physical, mental, and social health of children from birth to young adulthood. Pediatric care encompasses a broad spectrum of health services ranging from preventive health care to the diagnosis and treatment of acute and chronic diseases. A pediatrician is able to define accurately the child’s health status and to serve as a consultant and make use of other specialists as consultants as needed, ideally in the context of, or in conjunction with, the physician-led medical home. Because the child’s welfare is heavily dependent on the home and family, the pediatrician supports efforts to create a nurturing environment. Such support includes education about healthful living and anticipatory guidance for both patients and parents. Newborn? Toddler? Teenager? Your kids are well-covered. From your very first visit, you'll notice that our pediatric services are some of the most advanced and up-to-date in all of Michigan. IHA Pediatrics now offers same-day appointments for rapid antigen or PCR COVID-19 tests for children. Click the link below to schedule a "COVID Symptoms Visit/Testing" appointment for your child with any available provider. If you can't find an appointment that works for you, please call the practice.
- At IHA, Care Management works with patients who have moderate to complex illnesses. Located in your primary care practice, the care manager works in collaboration with your primary care physician and medical team to improve your overall health. The care manager works with you to assess and proactively manage your health, helping you to identify areas that you would like to improve or better manage. Together you will work to build skills and techniques to better manage your health care conditions. Your care manager will help you set obtainable goals that are realistic, help you to identify solutions to overcome barriers and provide ongoing support and encouragement. This is a personalized service based on your needs. The care manager will call and meet with you regularly in your physician's office when it is convenient for you.
- The IHA Pediatric Behavioral Health Care team empowers children and their families to appreciate and cope with developmental issues and challenges that contribute to healthy family growth. We will help address behavior concerns disruptive to school or home life, sleep issues, depression or anxiety, coping with stressful events such as illness, death in the family, starting or changing schools, problems with friends or bullying, divorce or remarriage and dealing with post-traumatic experiences. We work in collaboration with your child’s physician to improve your child’s or adolescent’s overall health, help the family to more fully understand the nature and status of a child or adolescent’s development, and we'll assess the most effective strategies for helping your child or adolescent and provide an opportunity for parents to clarify their own feelings. Patients can be seen in person at IHA Arbor Park Pediatrics or IHA WestArbor Pediatrics and video appointments are available at all IHA Pediatric Practices.
- Emma Adams, CNP, IBCLCPediatric Nurse Practitioner & Lactation Consultant
- Alyson Bokshan, MD, FAAPPediatrician
- Kathaleen Bruce, LMSWPediatric Behavioral Health Specialist
- William Chamness, MDPediatrician
- Leah Diebel, LLMSWPediatric Behavioral Health Specialist
- Mary Dobbs, CNPPediatric Nurse Practitioner
- Patrick Gaulier, LMSWPediatric Behavioral Health Specialist
- Carmen Green-Lee, MDPediatrician
- Omkar Karthikeyan, MDPediatrician
- Melissa Pike, MDPediatrician
- Emily Piniatoglou, CNPPediatric Nurse Practitioner
- Wendy Roberts, MDPediatrician
- Kelly Strickler, CNP, IBCLCPediatric Nurse Practitioner & Lactation Consultant
- Jamie Thompson, MDPediatrician
- Matthew Waier, MDPediatrician
- Eric Wheatley, MDPediatrician
About The Practice
IHA WestArbor Pediatrics has been designated a Patient Centered Medical Home (PCMH). PCMH patients and their family (when appropriate) establish a partnership with their practitioners to ensure they have the support needed to make decisions and participate in their own health care.
Looking for a doctor? We have a meet the provider night scheduled each month with one of our pediatricians and nurse practitioners. Please call our office if you are interested in coming to this introductory session.
During regular office hours, we have two separate waiting rooms – one for well children and one for sick children. We offer extended evening hours and Saturday hours. We strive to provide same-day appointments when you call in. Our patients and families are always encouraged to call 24/7 when medical problems arise. We have trained pediatric nurses who have access to your child’s electronic medical chart when our office is closed.
As a practice we know that preventive care, including vaccinations, is the most important part of our service to our patients and families. To best protect your children, our other patients, as well as our staff and providers from vaccine preventable illness, we have made the decision to only accept families into our practice who plan to fully vaccinate their children according to the CDC, American Academy of Pediatrics and American Academy of Family Physicians guidelines.
- ADHD Vanderbilt Assessment Form - Parent
- ADHD Vanderbilt Assessment Form - Teacher
- Asthma Control Test - Children 4-11 Years
- Asthma Control Test - Teens 12+ Years
- Authorization for Sharing Information Form
- Authorization to Treat Minors Form
- Pediatrics Demographic Form
- Pediatric History Form
- Authorization for Release of Information Form
- Screening Questionnaire for Immunizations - Adult & Child