This helpful class is especially for mom, baby and partner and will cover topics that affect mom and baby early on, including:
Breastfeeding in the first few weeks - IHA Breastfeeding Medicine will educate you on common breastfeeding concerns including supply, baby weight gain, mastitis and soreness, pumping, and introducing bottles and pacifiers.
Pelvic floor & abdominal core strengthening - Specialists from Probility Pelvic Health Program will walk you through identifying and treating conditions that can affect new moms including diastasis recti, c-section recovery, pelvic and lower back pain, urinary incontinence and urgency, and constipation.
Nutrition for New Mothers - Gain valuable tips on healthy nutrition and fitness for new mothers from OB/GYN specialists at IHA.
- Life after birth, life with baby - Learn about common postpartum struggles and experiences in motherhood during the first few weeks of your baby's life, including thinking differently as a new mother, presented by the care team at IHA OB/GYN.
Register for Life with Baby Postpartum Class
Not quite ready for postpartum?
This helpful virtual class will cover topics that affect mom in the third trimester and postpartum, like:
- What to expect in the 3rd trimester
- Filing for FMLA or short-term disability
- About car seat inspections
- What you need to know when choosing a pediatrician
- What to look for when your water breaks
- All about contractions
- How to tell the difference between true and false labor
- What you can do during early labor
- When it’s time to call your provider’s office
- Where to go if you think you’re in labor
- Who will be in involved in your care when you deliver*
- Pain management options
- Planning for postpartum
- Looking out for postpartum anxiety and depression
*Hospital delivery information is intended for patients planning to deliver at St. Joseph Mercy Ann Arbor Hospital Family Birth Center
Register for Third Trimester Class